Resumé of Seen Robinson –
Art Director | Graphic Designer | Design Manager | Web/Print/Packaging Designer
Inline Distributing Co., Sylmar, California – 2018 – 2020
Head of Marketing/Graphic Design/Web Design/Catalog Design/Social Media Marketing
- Most recently I was contracted as the Head of Marketing & Design for Inline Distributing Company.
- Designed and Project Managed 240 page Product Catalog (I have created catalogs for them since 2010).
- Designed Sales Flyers, In-Store Posters and Signage; Private Label and Vendor Product Labels and Packaging; Corporate Branding, Store Facade Signs, Truck Fleet Wraps & Decals, Apparel & Specialty Product Designs.
- Created, designed and maintained two eCommerce Websites (one Enterprise with 2000+ Products, one Boutique website);
- Built eBay Storefront with 100+ products
- Managed 3 employees who worked with me on Social Media campaigns creating videos & graphics, Email Newsletters (w/6k subscribers), In-Store Merchandising, Sales Promo Flyers, Trade Show Setups, In-Store Merchandising and much more.
SeenDesigns, (My Freelance & Contract Work), Ventura, California – 2010 – present
Art Director/Graphic Designer/Web Designer/Print & Web Marketing Solutions
Over the years I have had a wide variety of clients and have acted as a full-service design firm doing everything needed to help my clients grow their businesses. A small list of important tasks that I’ve performed are:
- Graphic Design for Corporate Branding, In-Store & Storefront Signage, Sales Flyers, Magazine and Newspaper Ads, Brochures, Packaging, Product Labels, Websites, Social Media, Book Covers, Presentation Folders, Movie Posters, Point of Purchase Displays & Installations, Product Design & Graphic Renderings, Large Format Graphics: Semi-Truck Wraps & Decals, Outdoor Flags, Vinyl Banners, Window Displays, Trade Show Walls, Displays & Graphics.
- Designed Marketing Campaigns from Graphic Design to Marketing Strategies
- Project Management and Graphic Design of large Catalogs, Websites, Email, and Social Media Campaigns
- Photo Art Direction, Business Consulting, Audio & Video Presentations,
CLIENTS: Disney Fine Arts/Collector’s Editions, Eloisa Restaurant, Mixerman, Whole Foods, Inline Distributing Company, Bob Peak.com/PEAK Books, Mary Janes Film, The Eyes of Thailand Movie, DVA Productions, Auto Expressions – a Shell Company, The Incredible Art Gallery, Darthworld, Thomas Kinkade Online, Enchanted Paintings, Bracke Manufacturing, Rue De Mimo, Amour d’Art, Scan Implant Guide, Kimcheese Restaurant, Woodland Hills Mortgage Co., RC Temme Corp., KOGYM, Skydive Films, MY RUN Movie, Nadine Griffey Academy, Apparition Lit Magazine, LA Slot Car Museum/Electric Dreams, Barlow Hospital, Russell’s Moving & Storage, Writing Pad, Film Canal, UltimateRockPix, Aquent Talent, Dayna Decker/Lumetique, Cornerstone Display, Glow Massage, Shep Rescue, Bay Area Women in Film, Origins, Mantra and Thrive Magazines, Wilson Solar, Holiday Channel, Raleigh Rye, and many more.
Lamps Plus, Chatsworth, California – 2006 – 2009
Catalog Sr. Art Director/Design Manager/Graphic Designer
I was brought in to ramp up the Catalog Department to compete with national retail catalogs.
Working with the photography and printers, I redesigned the catalog’s look and feel from top to bottom.
- Some of the touchpoints were changing the photography style of the photoshoots, improving the photo editing, improving the photoshop work, print production process, proofing and press checks.
- Lead Designer who also created the style guide and standards for a team of two Designers and one Photoshop artist.
- Managed a very tight and strict budget in which to work and was able to maintain very high standards of quality throughout.
- Hiring and management of the entire team from Photography, 2-3 employees, proofing and printing costs.
- Averaged 22 catalogs per year with more than 25 million catalogs distributed in 3 years.
- The images that I Art Directed for the Catalog where supplied for the entire Lamps Plus advertising, website, in-store kiosks, signs and collateral.
The Walt Disney Company – The Disney Catalog, Glendale, California – 2001 – 2005
Print Design Manager/Graphic Designer/Package Design/Art Director
Originally hired as a Catalog Layout Designer, I was quickly moved into a Design Manager/Lead Designer role and managed the budget, hiring and workload for a team of eight artists.
- Lead Designer for The Disney Catalog averaging 17 catalogs per year with more than 100 million catalogs distributed plus an additional 30 million direct mail pieces over 5 years. Average 160 page count.
- Art Director and Designer for numerous Disney programs including: Best Guest Program, Disney Outlets’ signage and marketing collateral; Corporate ID including the new logo for DisneyShopping.com.
- Created Style Guides for The Disney Catalog including topography, color swatches and feel.
Aquent (freelance talent agency), Los Angeles, California – 1998 – 2001
Package Design/Art Director/Graphic Designer/Production Artist
Named one of the most ”in-demand designers” for the largest creative freelance agency in the USA.
- New Product Design Creative Lead and Graphic Designer for Automotive Accessories product lines that were sold to Wal*Mart, Target, Kmart, Autozone, Costco and other national retailers.
- Graphic Packaging Design and Business Brochures that were distributed to all Toyota Retailers nationally.
- Created comps and layouts for Art Directors on multi-million dollar Disney Global campaign.
- Before being hired full-time, designer of 160 page Disney Catalogs. Created Style Guides.
- Design and production of Star Wars wholesale catalog with over 200 SKUS, distributed to all national toy retailers. 3D packaging design, brochure and one-sheet design; high resolution photo retouching for Lucasfilms, Warner Bros., and proprietary Applause toy product lines.
- Graphic Design and conversion of blueprints and landscape layouts from CAD to Illustrator for architectural firm presentation and implementation brochures for renovation of Hollywood streets, signage and landscaping.
- Design and High resolution photo retouching ad layout on national Mitsubishi laptop ad campaign.
CLIENTS: The Walt Disney Company – The Disney Catalog (DDM), The Walt Disney Company – Disney Global Advertising, Axius Corporation, DMB&B Advertising Agency, Jackson Dawson Communications, Applause Inc.,
Healthnet, Melendrez/Babalas & Associates
SeenDesigns (My Freelance & Contract Work), Los Angeles, California – 1998 – 2001
Graphic Designer/Art Director/Design Manager/Production Artist/Web Designer
- Freelance Designer at DDB Needham LA and worked on Cigna and Epson accounts.
- Concepted & Designed National Advertising of full-page 4/C national product ads for Steinberg Musical Products and two Steinberg Virtual Studio Tour National Print Campaigns.
- Retail store signage for all Store of Knowledge retail stores. Toy packaging design for all Store of Knowledge retail stores.
- Create Brand identity for UltimateRockPix.com website and all printed collateral including: Direct Marketing pieces, Posters and Social Media Images. Built UltimateRockPix.com website with over 2000 images from scratch and maintain site.
- Created photography portfolio site for MartyPhoto.com
CLIENTS: DDB Needham LA, Steinberg-NA, Store of Knowledge, UltimateRockPix, Martyphoto.com
DDB Needham Worldwide, Chicago, Illinois – 1996 – 1998
Graphic Designer/Production Artist
- Production Artist/Designer for successful $500 Million McDonald’s account presentation and execution.
- Production Artist/Designer for National Ad campaigns: Hamilton Beach, Discover Card, Westin Resorts, Bud and Bud Light, Discover Card, Novus Card, Private Issue Card, Universal Studio’s Card; Seaworld, Busch Gardens; Helene Curtis Salon Selectives accounts, and more.
- Created Large Format Vinyl Banners for all McDonald’s in Wal*Mart’s across the US.
- Archived all projects for the studio.
MacStaffing (Freelance Talent Agency), Chicago, Illinois – 1995 – 1996
Graphic Designer/Production Artist – for Montgomery Wards, W. W. Grainger, Mobium and DDB Needham.
- Sign Making for Montgomery Wards for all of their retail stores.
- Managed design/production team of 3 freelance artists, Catalog Layout for W. W. Grainger parts catalog.
- Ad Layout for Mobium advertising firm.
ProGrafx, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin – 1994 – 1995
Partner/Sr. Graphic Designer/Art Director/Design Manager
- Cad design, Graphic Design for Nationally Published Technical books.
- T-shirt Design, Restaurant Menus, Point of Sale Flyers, Brochures, Packaging & Poster Designs.
- Managed 3 freelance Illustrators & Designers.
Guitar Center, Chicago, Illinois – 1987 – 1990
Assistant Store Manager/Guitar Dept. Manager/Pro Audio Dept. Manager/Accessory Dept. Manager
- Quickly built of knowledge of store and ran Guitar, Pro Audio and Accessories departments.
- As Assistant Store Manager, ran day to day operations
- Scheduling and Managing Employees, Inventory and Special Events.
- Responsible for sales goals, knowledge of instruments and market, opening and closing store.
- Worked with Vendors to create merchandising events, manage inventory and customer service.
PRO BONO/CAUSES WORK:
I have always been proud to offer my design and marketing expertise at a pro bono or reduced rate to help out causes that I believe in. Such as creating artwork for fundraisers: Care Not Cages, Ventura Strong, Westside German Shepherd Rescue, and Movie Posters for The Eyes of Thailand, Autism In America, Iron Will and Hunger In America.
Being physically active, whether working out in the gym, hiking, biking, kayaking or running is very important to me. I love being outdoors. My passion has been playing guitar since I was 13 and have been an active writer, musician, producer and performer ever since then. I have been a volunteer for various causes, the one I’m most passionate about is animal welfare. Having donated a lot of time at The Lange Foundation (at least 2 hours every weekend for 3+ years), I helped to socialize feral and isolated animals so that they could be adopted and live normal lives.
Seen’s influence at Inline Distributing Company is far reaching, whether that’s as a brand manager, a strategic thinker, a creative director or a get-it-done doer.
Seen is one of the most business-minded creatives I’ve ever worked with. He is insightful and fearless in his pursuit of new ideas and the unexpected solution. His ability to take a consumer insight and bring it to life creatively is exceptional.
Scott Bader / Owner / Inline Distributing Co.
800.795.0933 work / firstname.lastname@example.org
Seen’s leadership, planning and organization drove positive change and results in our catalog program. He enhanced production planning which resulted in substantial process improvements. Moreover, he maintained a highly complex and high volume production schedule flawlessly despite staff vacancies or learning curves. Seen would be an asset to any program requiring a seasoned creative professional.
Mark Salek / VP of Marketing at Lamps Plus
818.886.5267 work / email@example.com
One of Seen’s skills is to create processes that manage our lives and the many facets of what it takes to create a catalog. He is diligent in making sure we meet all of our deadlines and keep within our budget. A few years back, our post-design production costs were out of line so Seen teamed up with his co-creatives and production to get our costs back in-line with industry standards.
Seen has shown that when he goes out on the set (photoshoot), there is a definite new and creative point of view. – He is an excellent troubleshooter, he has a gift of being able to visualize how a catalog spread will layout or how to better merchandise a group of catalog spreads. He anticipates problems with this vision and is able to offer up solves at a time where projects can be cost-effective.
Scott Ferguson / Disney Creative Director
The Disney Catalog / DisneyStore.com
I have known and worked with Seen for well over 10 years. He is a true professional and holds many strengths. Not only is he a talented designer, but he is also a strong Creative Director and product designer. He is dependable, humble, patient, flexible, understands the needs of his clients and delivers each and every time. He truly is a pleasure to work with and I appreciate him as an individual and as a professional.
Maral Petrus / Creative Director
(formerly Auto Expressions – a Shell Oil Company)
I’ve worked with Seen for over a decade and his designs always delight me. Whether he’s designing websites, posters, social media images, key art, or merchandise, I can always count on him to find a creative and artistic solution that works better than I could imagine. Seen collaborates well with others and maintains focus on how his designs can foster engagement, education, and action toward the big picture. I’ve recommended Seen to colleagues for years and will gladly continue to do so!
Windy Borman / Executive Producer / Director / Filmmaker / Digital Storyteller & Content Strategist
DVA Productions / Mary Janes Film
Seen is one of my favorite hiring managers of all time. I know I’m not supposed to pick favorites, so Seen is a significant exception. Seen is a strong team leader – he provides a positive, encouraging environment for creative talent to thrive while consistently exceeding team goals. I’d highly recommend Seen to any firm seeking an excellent creative manager and to any designer looking for an inspiring mentor. Bottom line, Seen rocks.
Drea Silva / Account Manager / Recruiter
Aquent (Freelance Talent Agency)